This week, I’m sharing the Top Ten Books on my To Be Read List. I’m probably like most bookworms, in that my TBR list is incredibly long with no end in sight. I swear that every time I finish a book on the list, another five pop up out of the shadows, like “Read me!” It is one of the reasons that I started this blog in the first place. It helps me to actually read the books on the list.
It is now time to take a look at the list. It isn’t in any particular order. Just that I have every intention to read these top ten before any others. Though, it isn’t likely to happen. Some books have been on this list for a year or two because I just haven’t been in the mood to start the journey yet.
Top Ten Books on my TBR List
- Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
- This is book 2 in the Dark Artifices series, following Lady Midnight. I have been hanging on to this book since Christmas. Mostly because I want to wait until I have the third one as well. I had to wait what seemed like an eternity for this book to come out after finishing the first one, so I’m playing the waiting game. Then I will happily fly through all three books.
- Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin
- I finished my review for the first book in this series and I can’t wait to find out what happens in the sequel.
- You can find my review for Wolf to Wolf here.
- A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult
- Can’t forget a good Jodi Picoult book. I love all her work so far, so when I heard about the new book, I knew I had to read it. It’s a matter of finding the time.
- To check out my Top Ten Jodi Picoult Books, click here.
- Heir of Fire by Sarah Maas
- I’m starting to think that I only want to read sequels. Then again, this is the 3rd book in the series, so at least I’m moving forward. However, the first two books of this series hooked me, so I’m ready to get into it!
- The Swan Riders by Erin Bow
- I bought this book in Victoria, BC, while I was there for a Union Convention. Of course, I had to go to Chapters somewhere new. I happened across this book and I haven’t had a chance to read it yet, but I am excited for it.
- Broken Wings by L. Stoddard Hancock
- This book is the recreation of one of my favourite fan fictions: Cruel and Beautiful World. Ever since I heard that it was now an actual book, it has been on my TBR list. I still have to buy it, but I’m pretty excited for when I do.
- You can check out my Top Ten Fan Fictions here.
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
- I loved To Kill a Mockingbird, so when my wife heard that this was a sequel, she bought it for me right away. It is still sitting on my shelf, waiting for some love, but it is on the list.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The premise of this book is terrifying; a world without books is a terrible thought. I’ve heard excellent feedback on this book though and am excited to check it out.
- John Dies at the End by David Wong
- My wife got this book for Christmas last year and it has been on my list since then. It is a bit different from my normal genres, so it will be something to read when I need a change.
- Disobedience by Naomi Alderman
- Okay, I actually really want to see this movie. Then I realized that there is a book, which, of course, means that I have to read it. Plus the queer theme mixed with some religion.
So there you have it: My Top Ten TBR Books.
What did you think on my list? Any recommendations to add? Maybe you read a review about one of these books? Let me know!