Today’s Discussion Topic: Write 15 interesting facts about yourself.
- Water polo is my favourite sport to play
- Hockey is my favourite sport to watch
- Our cat, Jaeger, was named after the jaegers in the movie Pacific Rim. It was a hard fought battle between my wife and I on what to name him, but she won.
- Olivia, our first kitty, was originally named Olly because when we first found her we weren’t sure if she was a girl or a boy. If she had been a boy, we would have called her Oliver. Some people in our family still call her Olly.
- My favourite subject is English, followed closely by both Women and Gender Studies and Religious Studies.
- I hate running.
- I have a sister-in-law who just turned 4 years old and a brother-in-law who is turning 2 in the next couple of months. (Yes, that’s how old some of Ashleigh’s siblings are)
- Speaking of young children, I ideally want two children, but I would like to foster kids as well at some point.
- I didn’t come out of the closet as a lesbian to my family until after Ashleigh and I had already started dating. I didn’t even really come out to myself until the night we started dating.
- Ashleigh is the first and only person I have ever kissed.
- I originally was in university for the education program to become a high school English teacher, but after one semester and a mental breakdown, I realized that it wasn’t for me. I dropped out and realized that a degree in English was much more suited for me. I was back in school by September that year and I haven’t looked back since. That was 6 years ago and I’m at the halfway point in my degree. I’m working on it slowly, but still working.
- I often have recurring dreams that I recognize as having before while I’m still dreaming, but am unable to communicate that to myself. This is actually more difficult to explain than I thought it would be, so I will just leave it here.
- When I was in Grade 12, I started the Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA) at my new school. I, of course, had a lot of help, but I spearheaded the process and made sure it got going.
- I am applying to be a Youth Leader at Camp fYrefly this summer. If you don’t know what that is, here is a link for you to check it out: http://www.usask.ca/education/fyrefly/ It is an amazing program that I have attended as a camper before and I really hope to get involved as a youth leader this summer.
- Last one: I had to look up ideas for what to include on this list of interesting facts. I really hate trying to think of things I haven’t already told you and won’t be telling before the end of this blog challenge.
Well that’s all for today, folks! Hope you have a great day after Pi Day!